Be a Part of Something Great. Be Graceful.
Working for Graceful Senior Living is a rewarding experience. Here you can find out about our range of roles from care staff and assistants to facility managers and lots of other career positions. All of our teams work to support our Graceful Senior Living communities in locations across the United States.
So, if you’re passionate about providing exceptional care and you’re a compassionate individual and would like to positively impact the lives of others, apply for one of our open positions and become part of the Graceful Senior Living family.
Please email your resume if you are interested in working for Graceful Senior Living in one of communities.
Careers at Graceful
Director of Community Relations
Reports to: Executive Director
Graceful Foundational Beliefs:
At Graceful Senior Living we sincerely believe in caring for and loving the residents of our communities
and that the human capacity to grow, to learn and to contribute is ageless.
We consider it a privilege and responsibility to care for our seniors through these foundational principles:
• Honoring God in our business practices and relationships, we are dedicated to strong moral values and ethics;
• We value all seniors as gifted and contributing individuals;
• We recognize the inherent quality of all human beings and are committed to enhancing our resident’s quality of life;
• We are committed to hiring and retaining employees who use creative minds and compassionate hearts to serve our residents.
With this vision, we will work to create a life of special moments for our residents.
This position exercises discretion and judgment involving the evaluation of potential residents and
determining if the candidate will be a good fit for the community. Following the Company’s
established practices, policies and procedures, the Director of Community Relations has authority to
bind the company in matters of resident agreements, is responsible for maintaining a desired census,
communicating with family members regarding financial matters, communicating and interacting
with the outside community, conducting marketing programs, planning and implementing marketing
events, designing and creating marketing brochures, speaking before groups, assisting with family
issues and resolutions, working with referral agencies, organizations and institutions, and completing
and maintaining admission records. This position will also supervise the concierge staff.
The person holding this position is delegated the responsibility for carrying out the assigned duties
and responsibilities in accordance with current existing federal and state regulations and established
company policies and procedures.
Attend in-service educations within the community.
Two years or more of college preferred.
Awareness of senior living community resources and needs, awareness
of senior living services and cost structures, knowledge of related
services available throughout the surrounding neighborhood and
awareness of the competition and their rates.
Preferred and encouraged to participate in outside community civic organizations and associations.
Work well with people including staff, residents, families, and outside
community; communicate the services of the facility to prospective
residents and the community, speak before large groups; be personable
and friendly; ability to drive, conduct tours of the community and work
Essential Functions of the Position:
• Analyze data and provide competitive analysis information and provide consultation, advice and recommendations regarding market rates;
• Develop long-range and short-range marketing plans, establish goals and objectives;
• Interview, assess and determine if applicants are appropriate candidates for the community;
• Handle financial arrangements related to admissions and acquire necessary information and documentation;
• Conduct tours of the community and grounds for potential residents, families, outside community and representatives from placement agencies and organizations;
• Designing and creating marketing brochures and other marketing products;
• Plan and implement marketing events;
• Design, create and fulfill advertising needs of the community;
• Act as a liaison with discharge planners;
• Maintain professional confidentiality;
• Interview, hire, train and supervise the concierge staff.
Secondary Functions of the Positon:
• Attend and participate in in-service educational programs particularly those that relate to the psychosocial needs of the elderly, community resources, and admission requirements (Title
XVIII and Title XIX);
• Lecture before groups relative to health-care services available;
• Participate in quality assurance programs;
• Follow-up with inquiries and maintain current and active waiting lists;
• Complete and maintain resident files;
• Prepare daily, weekly, monthly and annual reports and summaries for admissions, discharges,
sources, classifications, lengths of stays, etc.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak, hear and write in English. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands and fingers. The
employee is occasionally required to bend, kneel and squat. The employee may occasionally lift and or move up to 20 pounds.
Other: use of telephone, repetition of computer and keyboard, use of small
appliances and office equipment, and ability to deal with hot and cold temperature fluctuations.
Work Area and Environment:
Office areas and throughout the community, including tours of the community and grounds; local travel may be required.
I have carefully read, understand, and accept the job description, including the qualifications and requirements of the position of Director of Community Relations, and, if employed, I certify that I can and will perform the functions of this position.
I understand Universal Precautions Risks Classification Categories may apply to this position and I may be exposed to AIDS, HIV, and Hepatitis B viruses.
I further understand this community is of an “at will” nature, which means I may resign at any time and may be discharged at any time, with or without cause.
Location: Graceful Senior Living of Castle Rock
Phone: (720) 708-4475